If your computer is connected to the Internet without a firewall, it is open to the world — especially if you have an “always on” cable or DSL Internet connection. A correctly set up firewall can block intrusion attempts from the Internet to your computer.
The sad news is that, without a firewall, your computer can be used by malicious hackers for:
1. Destroying or erasing your files and programs
2. Stealing your personal information and files (identity theft)
3. Sending out spam from your computer
4. Attacking other computers
5. As a file storage space for other Internet users
Symptoms of Computer Intrusion
Hackers have hundreds of tools for breaking into computers. Some of the symptoms of someone else utilizing your computer:
- Crashing often
- Slower than normal Internet access that persists
- Running out of Windows “resources”
- Having to reboot often
If your computer or computer network have been intruded upon, we can detect and eradicate any intrusive or remote programs for you.
Protect your computer with a firewall
A good firewall can help to protect you from computer intrusion, destruction of your files, theft of your personal information — and even from unwittingly contributing to attacks on other computers — are far lower cost than you might imagine.